Charles Wei-Hsun Fu Endowed Scholarship in Chinese and Asian Philosophy
- Scholarship value $1,000
- One award may be given each year
- Minimum 3.25 GPA
- Undergrad, Master's
- Preference given to applicants with financial need (as determined by OFAS)
- Preference will be given to applicants who are engaged in Taiwan studies, Chinese
Philosophy and Religion, and Chinese Culture and Language, as well as applicants from the College of Arts and Letters.
- Students pursuing a program of study focusing on Chinese Philosophy or Asian Philosophy
- Application period Mar 03, 2014 to May 05, 2014
Scholarships with an application period of August through October are awarded for the current academic year. All others, unless noted, are awarded for the next academic year. To receive the funds, you must be enrolled at SDSU during the awarded academic year.
APPLICATION: You must submit a separate application for each SDSU scholarship for which you want to be considered.
- All scholarships require an essay. Prepare your essay for each scholarship before beginning the online application process. Prepare your essay in a word processing application and copy it into the online application essay text box.
- Complete your online application by the application deadline.
Print a copy of your confirmation page for your records.
- If the scholarship requires that you submit information in addition to the application and essay, you will be able to print a cover sheet from your scholarship application confirmation page. Attach the printed cover sheet to your additional application materials and submit to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships by the deadline.
- Applications that are incomplete at the end of the application period will not be considered.
ESSAY: Submit an essay of up to 500 words in which you discuss the following:
- Why you chose your major or educational program
- Your plans for your career
- How your orientation to Chinese or Asian thought and culture factors into your educational and career choices.
SDSU Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
also available online
SDSU Philosophy Department